Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Galatians 1.6–10

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let that person be under God's curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let that person be under God's curse!

10 Am I now trying to win human approval, or God's approval? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.


Today it seems there are people who used to have beliefs a few years ago, and now have changed their minds to believe in something totally different. How do people get so caught up in beliefs that are not of Jesus? I hear about people I use to know in my high school days and I wonder what or who has gotten a hold of them. I looked up to these people because of their faith. They relied on God everyday and I prayed I could have enough faith to know and believe the bible is true. But someone or thing has put doubt in their mind and they follow another religion or group like Mormons or Jehovah witnesses. They still read the bible right but then they have other beliefs and doctrine that they believe that’s not part of the Christian bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment