Friday, April 10, 2009

Galatians 1.18-24

18 Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Cephas and stayed with him fifteen days. 19 I saw none of the other apostles—only James, the Lord's brother. 20 I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie.

21 Then I went to Syria and Cilicia. 22 I was personally unknown to the churches of Judea that are in Christ. 23 They only heard the report: "The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy." 24 And they praised God because of me.


What sticks out to me in this passage is the attitude of the church toward Paul (formerly Saul, the persecutor).

What would you think if someone who was previously your worst enemy now claimed to be your strong advocate and encourager? What if Osama Bin Laden suddenly decided to rebuild the part of lower Manhattan he once destroyed? Would I be inclined to accept and approve of his offer?

Paul "saw the light," so to speak. And the response of the church was to praise God. Talk about being on the same page with God in His work of redeeming lives and turning them toward His purpose.

Am I on that page?

No comments:

Post a Comment