Tuesday, February 3, 2009

II Corinthians 3:12-18

Back when my nephew was just a year old, I was sitting with him on my grandmother’s couch. My uncle Max was sitting on the other couch. As we sat there, my nephew kept peeking around me, keeping an eye on Max. He wasn’t quite sure if he could trust him or not.

I understood what he was going through. When I was a little kid, I was terrified of Max. Max is about 6 feet 6 inches tall, had a thick black moustache, and a deep, gravelly voice. He was very intimidating for a small child. But, with Max, the intimidation is purely physical. He’s one of the nicest people I know. While he still looks intimidating, I’m not afraid of Max anymore.

God can often seem intimidating and unapproachable. But, as he showed us through Jesus, he is very approachable. The veil has been torn and we are able to go to him without fear.

What’s keeping you from approaching God?

No comments:

Post a Comment